grrr gossiping colleagues do my head in!! how do you discourage gossip without being rude?! trying to counter with positive side/balance view, 'you need to say this, to them (i.e. the person they are moaning about)' statements ... I think I need to learn the 'gently challenging' mode next as they aren't getting the hint!! bless them too Lord, sort out the source of their discontentment!
What is more I think I'm reaching the 'I'm so bored I might do some filing' mode ... Oh the joy of work in August!! (but no more work after that, I finish on 29th August - hip, hip hoorah!!) Looking forward to hanging out with friends in Sheffield in September during the week days, and getting all the last bits and pieces I'll need... I've just discovered that I am gonna be matriculated into the University of Oxford - have to get the 'commoner's' gown and mortar board for the matriculation ceremony and to wear to all my exams!! I never imagined that I'd be part of that kind of world - kind of fun, kind of wierd!! (I also have to get a cassock and surplice (eek/eurgh) at some point - which, oddly, I hadn't thought about at all... it's starting to feel like I'm off to Hogwarts!!)
Also beginning to get my head round the idea of being a student i.e. having to study and do exams and essays again ... I think I'm looking forward to it! I have plenty of books to read beforehand (including specific bits of the Bible) Plus, at some point, I'll be going on preaching practice (which I guess you should expect but they spend so much time focusing on the academic stuff you kind of forget that the practical side is the most important!).. still wondering how I will get the chance to put my leadership skills into practice, so some more of the rough edges get knocked off... I'm sure God has it in hand, as with everything else! He's certainly given me a great 'student buddy' who is assigned to you (by Wycliffe Hall) to answer your questions and generally look after you beforehand and at the beginning of term - she's called Sarah Hobbs and she's already given loads of great advice/hints/tips/offers of practical help!
No comments:
Post a Comment