Wednesday, August 13, 2003
"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them." Ephesians 2:10 - Bible Gateway's verse for the day - I find this really encouraging and a spur (along with the parable of the talents) to use the gifts, skills, experience and opportunities that God has given me to their fullest ... not to 'do' humility in a false-pretend-I'm-rubbish-at-everything way but to have the humility to be used by God, knowing it's all His anyhow, even if it means that you have to deal with the pitfalls of pride that come your way because God is using you... just read a great book, The Heavenly Man, which made me think about this even more, although it's not the main subject of the book by any means (which is about the life of totally amazing Chinese pastor... very humbling and challenging)... although God's been teaching me about this for sometime, I'm still not totally comfortable with owning and using my gifts with out feeling the need to apologise!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment