One of the things I've been doing recently is reading some blogs of people involved in doing church 'new' ways ... and I'm kind of disappointed (or maybe I haven't been logging on often enough;), ... there's lots of interesting discussion about what we do and what we think about it. They are, of course, discussions and ideas that need to be shared, but that's not what I care about the most when doing/being church, any kind of style of church ...
What I am excited about is that we get to be disciples of Jesus, to enter his presence without fear, to be transformed into the people we were meant to be, to tell people that they are loved and wanted no matter what (that's what I love the most about being a Christian, getting to love people like God does:).. and that's what I really want to hear about when people are doing new kinds of church - is the creativity and freshness of 'emerging church' releasing people to be more effective disciples? are we enabled to be more generous and Spirit filled? ultimately is it a place where we meet God in an even deeper way? if so I want to catch some of that!
I don't care, really, what the church does or what it looks like if not... I guess testimonies are hard to write without seeming super-spiritual, but surely it must be possible? well I guess if it's possible I'd better start looking around me too;)
2 comments:
good point. btw i like your new blog - v posh:)
nice post Naomi. I agree pretty much with what you say. The ECers who write blogs, tend to be using it as a way of asking questions about ecclesiology and method and understanding mission, rather than the specific stories of their communities of faith. Some of the blogs also seem (to me anyway!) to be an outlet for frustration at what is going on around them - the blog provides a way of expressing thinking as part of a para-conversation that is almost seperate from their own daily/weekly situation. I think it is a good and constructive thing although this is why there is so little testimony perhaps. It can end up being dry, I agree. Having said that, keep reading because at times you will read of fantastic stories of individual lives that are blessed and changed.
Post a Comment