Friday, October 17, 2003

sooo yeah... well the essay is chugging along nicely now, thank you for asking ;) generally feeling a little bit more chilled out at the moment - I think it must be all the prayer I've been getting lately - mainly for my back... but you know how God slips in 'freebies' when you get prayed for! On that subject my back is so much better - I think it's been one of those 'healing by degrees' things - each time I got prayed for a specific area of pain got dealt with ... nearly there now - feels like God's been working on my shoulder and very stiff and painful neck all day (after being prayed for at chapel) and they've progressively getting better - yay God:) ! (this morning I couldn't turn over in bed it was so painful and now I can turn my head from side to side with minimal discomfort:)

did I mention all Church of England ordinands have to go to chapel every weekday morning? here at Wycliffe we are real slackers 'cos we go after breakfast at 8:20am ... whereas at least two other colleges I've heard of they have chapel prayers at 7am before half an hour's silence for personal devotions and then breakfast!! (also on Wednesday's we meet in 'fellowship groups' instead of chapel)... it's a tough life! still not sure if it's sunk in that this is gonna be part of my term time life for the next 3 years...

lectures have been good so far - when we get to go to main Uni lectures (as opposed to Wycliffe based ones) - it's quite awe inspiring to go to these ancient buildings and mix in with these v. brainy undergrads! good fun too:) we matriculate tomorrow (first dressing up session!) ... I'll let y'all know how it goes and what it involves (assuming I don't get sworn to secrecy!)

ooo quick mention for my new friends Rob and Steph from Alabama, USA - what great people - I've had lots of laughs hanging out with them already :) I must really be getting over my USA predjudices!! (Rob is doing ordination training too:)

ta ta for now!

No comments: