Monday, October 20, 2003

[1st essay done - on to no. 2 - Matthew's distinctive interests and emphases... oh joy ... when I discover how one meets God through writing an essay I'll let y'all know!]

Well, had lots of thought-provoking, emotion stirring talks today - in both good and bad ways...

1st up was Mr Alan Storkey (husband of Elaine) on Power today - especially focusing on Military Power - interesting stuff but far too much stuff alluded to with assumption of prior knowledge and values which was quite frustrating i.e. we all knew about 'Seargent Bilko' and the kind of US reliance on the military it implied or we had all come to the conclusion that 'war is wrong'...

then was the racism talk by an amazing woman from Zimbabwe ... sadly cut short, but I can tell that it's gonna be personally really challenging over the next few weeks

finally an 'extra' lecture on different streams not of Christianity, but of evangelicalism!! SOOO frustrating - I'm sure I came to college to be equipped to help others be disciples and disciple others to Jesus... not disappear up theological dead end debates about what we call each other... (I could be ruder but I don't think that would help!)

No comments: