Somehow, this new year, I seem to have come up with quite a few resolutions, almost entirely accidently (like learn some French by March - as I'm going to a wedding in la belle France, and I don't want to be the only who doesn't have a clue what's going on!) and maybe take up some spiritual disciplines with faith and hope that God will show me something new.
But probably the most important one is to spend more emotional energy on the now and the future than on the past, which has been my habit.
In other words I need to spend a whole heap less time on counting my wounds and missed opportunities, and a whole heap more on accepting I've been forgiven and have forgiven others, on celebrating my healing and grabbing the opportunities that lie ahead... an especially important resolution in a newish job and home... I have been particularly inspired by beginning to be a mentor for a young person who has loads going for her, and I don't want to waste time thinking 'I wish it had been like that for me', but to enjoy seeing her bloom in the here and now, and being blessed by the fact that God can use even me to be a blessing to her.
So there you go, something to remind me of from time to time!
No comments:
Post a Comment