so been assiduously reading other people's blogs, but not feeling too inspired to write much myself - just been taking the temperature re: my new job... and it's pretty good, but it takes up a LOT of brain space - hence no blogging!
so, what have i been up to? well, i've joined a gym - which much to my surprise i'm really quite enjoying, and so far I've been going fairly regularly... apparently I've even lost some weight - I'm so cynical about these things, that i didn't really expect it! but that and signing up for some personal trainer sessions have been really motivating...
I've also had a few visitors, which has been really nice and I have taken at least one of them to see one of my favourite things about Northampton - and enthused to everbody else about it! a little odd perhaps, I'm just pleased that these Christians saw the light on healthy eating, and eco responsibilty long before it became fashionable! (am also loving the countryside round here, Becky T and I did a great walk round Castle Ashby last weekend).
other than that, well i'm enjoying being a curate, but although in some ways i feel like i've reached and enjoying a goal that i've been heading towards for a long time, that there's still some deep changes in identity on the horizon - how do i cope with people seeing me as a leader/clergywoman/curate - do i hide it or big it up? neither seems right to me, but i'm not sure how to find a happy medium... what is a leader after all? how do i really become one?!
off to see Rob and Steph in the States in less than two weeks time (woo-hoo!!) but in the mean time am letting Mal loose on the evening congregation at St Giles... really not sure what the result will be!!
2 comments:
Hi Naomi, long time no see.
As you leave Emma and I have just found ourselves at hOME in Oxford! Funny coincidence no?
Anyways they all speak v. highly of you, see you round.
Andy and Em Trenier
(of NLC woking fame)
Happy Christmas dude..was very nice indeed seeing you for lunch in Sheff. Hope your new year (2007) has many many good things. Love valxx
Post a Comment