Sunday, April 09, 2006

signs of the future...

So, I went to the clerical outfitters on Friday to be measured up, thought y'all might want to see the tentative results (as in, these aren't my robes, but I'll have something like them when they're made!)... scary or what?! I think you can tell from my uncomfortable stance I'm very glad I'll only be wearing these once a week at a traditional mid-week service!


And although you can't see very much of the church I thought you might also want to see a few photos of me with my lovely friend Rob and Steph Sturdy who are off back to the States in the summer, so they came with me to visit St Giles when I last went a few weeks ago... stupidly I didn't take any photos of the house...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word - look at you all vicary! Scary isn't it?! Don't worry, you get used to it (though not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!) Hope you're excited as well as a tad scared though - cos it's fab to get out there & do it! All the best for the last few weeks. Kate x

Anonymous said...

looking good. mine hasn't arrived yet....

Chris said...

You know what I dig most? The No Smoking sign in the background of the picture with you wearing the collar.

I suppose it's for all those chain-smoking vicars that can't go 2 minutes without lighting up...

Naomi said...

y'know I thought somebody would pick up on the 'no smoking' thing - I like to think it's aimed at the barristers who also go to Taylor's to get their robes...

Chris said...

Ah ha! Barristers! What a seedy bunch...

Anonymous said...

Cool to see your vicar outfit. Hope all goes well for you when you start at St Giles.