well having got that off my chest, I guess I'd better say a little bit about where I've been and what I've been up to... so in the style of Dan Cooper (an old acquaintance from Sheff and definitely one of the best blogs I read at the moment) some bullet points:
- been to Kenya for brother's wedding, which was fun... mix of Kikuyu and English tradition - the English supplied the dress and the weather (flipping cold!) , the Kikuyu's the dancing, the singing and the hospitality
- also went to the coast and stayed in a resort on the lovely Diyani Beach (blue blue ocean and white white sand)... although always a little ambigous about the delights of resort holidays, even more so in a '3rd world' country... 4 days was definitely enough for me
- since then have been working me socks off trying to get essays done for September 26th... it's going very, very slowly and I seem to be really, really panicking
- weather has been mostly lovely in Oxford and reminding me, as I slave away inside the Bodleian Library (there are worse places I know), that I should be punting and picnicking and going to Greenbelt...
- looking forward to my friend Steve's wedding at York Minster and a wee holiday in Scotland with my friends the Sturdy's (I will have got my work done by then, I will...)
- brain is refusing to accept just how much work I've got to do
a) before September 26th b) after that, before Easter next year (same amount of work as each of the last academic years but in half the time...)
2 comments:
much as i'd love to take the credit, bullet points were hugh's idea...
Hey mrs naomi hill-head, I have returned from France and then Corsica (w Julie and french friend). Was v cool time in end. Now living in nik and margaries house with Ali M-G and maybe Nikki Boss? Hoorah the lord provided. LOve val de riex
Post a Comment