Saturday, December 04, 2004

mutuality...

further to my previous post (thanks for the comments Pete and Jen, they really helped:)... I think what I've been edging towards for a long while is:
  • learning to celebrate what is great about the opposite sex, to honour and respect men for who they are, not denigrate them for what they're not (which is where the wondering about giving them priority in leadership came from) ...
  • at the same time (like Jen said) cherish what's fab about being a woman from the 'frivolous' to the 'deep' stuff, and not to sell myself short
it's all good, these difference that God has made:) ... perhaps that's another layer of meaning to that thing in the marriage service that says 'what God has joined let no one seperate'?!

well better get on with my 'worship' (i.e. liturgy) essay... ho-hum

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing more attractive to a man (or at least should be) than a woman who knows she's a woman and not a man, and who cherishes what is "fab" about that. Having just spent 3 months with a girl who I grew more in love with *because* she was different to me (as opposed to a decade of fancying men I wanted to be - see the difference?), I can now honestly say that the theory works in practice.

Naomi said...

thanks Pete... I think you meant 'or there shouldn't be';)
isn't it funny when I first started posting on this subject, I was thinking it was gonna head more in the direction of being a woman heading for leadership, and looking for mentors, rather than about this identity stuff that, in some ways, is a rather old lesson that God has been teaching me?

oh well, maybe next time!